Thursday, September 10, 2015

Never Again...



The abandoned boat was inside our college campus beside a deep pond. Pritam and I were best buddies , would go there in the evening after our classes see the other guys swim in the pond nearby before the canteen snacks time. We would sit for an hour or two discussing life . Although I have tried to be impartial in most of the matters , maybe I have made mistakes too.

 Pritam had misunderstood me once and we were not talking since morning that day. I did not go to the boat that evening. I felt that was the best way to avoid him and make him miss me. 


PHOTO PROMPT – © Jennifer Pendergast


That day after the snacks when I returned my hostel room I found lot of shouting and chaos in the glimmering lights of the corridor. What I understood reminded me of the quote by Mark Twain , “I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened" . 

Pritam , in my absense , had tried to join those guys who were swimming. He never knew that it may turn fatal. Nobody knew. He almost got drowned and was rushed to the hospital. 

What I felt I can not express. I only said in my mind , " Never again will I fight with you" .

P.S : This is a true incident and he is still one of the best buddies, only I have changed his name.

This post is linked with




25 comments:

  1. Very interesting story and a great picture to go with it. Good job, and thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great true story.. and I'm so glad it ended well..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya it is.... Probably the most important chapter of my college life

      Delete
  3. I'm glad he survived and was able to make up with you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... we had great stories together and the journey is still fabulous

      Delete
  4. I'm glad your friend is alright. How often we let harsh words separate us. This story reminds us to hang onto friendships with all our might.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. there are misunderstandings but that doesn't end true relationships

      Delete
  5. Fascinating...I had a similar thing happen with my husband! I ought to write about it for this meme at some point. Glad he is all right and all ended well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much energy is expended in fighting better by far to accept each others differences and keep quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome true story. So glad it had a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful that your friend survived and that your friendship has endured. We often take for granted those we love until they are gone. We are blessed when we get a warning and learn the value of our friends before it is too late. Thank you for linking to In Other Words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful story and even more so knnowing it is true.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good story, and very well told.

    ReplyDelete
  11. good to know your friend is alright! nice write up, Abhishek. :)
    A Rat's Nibble

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never make the person, you love the most, wait for you and miss you... Life is too short for all that...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never make the person, you love the most, wait for you and miss you... Life is too short for all that...

    ReplyDelete

My other blogspace

Google Ad