Wednesday, May 21, 2008

End of (hostel) life!!!!!!!!!!!

Life without a hostel is something you cant imagine of..atleast in my case its the scenerio...Still remember those days in childhood when mom used to impose her rules on me saying "if you don't follow them I wud send u to hostel/boarding school". I used to be scared at the very thought of separation from my parents but really a time came when I had to stay in a hostel and complete my graduation in marine engineering. At first I thought that I am goin to face my biggest fear of my life to avoid which I have been stopping myself from doing many naughty things in the past which I could have done...

It was the time I saw my mom crying, leaving me was such a punishment for her...I realized that she had been lying all these years that she would have send me to a hostel..That is something she could have never done , she loves me a lot. But now it was a question of my career so she was made to understand.

A journey to a new life began. Living in a hostel teaches you many things. I feared it the most as I heard that you are made to work there like a slave and you have to do everything on your own..In childhood I was so dependent on my parents I thought it to be the severe most punishment for me. But now I felt that in life you have to be dependent and a day would come when you will have to do things on your own.. You are not going to be a slave in a hostel but yea you need to do things and managing your needs on your own..and thats something you got to learn....

My college gave me the four most fruitful years of my life. Getting friends who became brothers because staying together eating together like a family can never go in vain..Gradually I fell in love..... It was my hostel my friends and my college which gave me a new beginning.. I learnt many things from them shared a lot with happiness and never found myself lonely when I needed a shoulder to share my problems....Next came the biggest fear of my life...the time to get separated as my four year course was on a verge of end. This was the fear of losing my home my family my brothers ............................... my college...

See the irony of my life ......................... feared the two opposite things..one going to the hostel and the other end of hostel life...............Both came and made me fight with my greatest fear....

I will always cherish the sweet memories of my college days..and I am still optimistic as I think it is the end of hostel life but not the end of life...rather I would say its a great beginning to something new.....

7 comments:

  1. touchy writing,.....no one knows better than me

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmmmmm seems ur nostagias r comin out........

    ReplyDelete
  3. gr8 writing thr.....well..i shld say.its been 1 yr i have left my house too....i too have the same feelin as urs....always a balance between leavin home n hostel.bt thts life....
    gud work ther.kp it up.....
    n yah..did add u in my faves....

    ReplyDelete
  4. its very true that hostel life is something to die for cz u learn so many new things..(i haven't been to one, though)
    but yeah when u'll think of those days nd the way nostalgia seeps in..its a great experience in its own..
    Happy Writing..and thanks 4 posting in my blog...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. jsgreat going dude,,good writing skills, keep writing,,,wish u all the luck...

    Mohit
    http://mohitvalecha.wordpress.com/
    http://krishnaawareness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hostel is a mini world in itself that prepares for the real life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true Ira... Its very necessary for a person I feel before stepping in the professional world.

      Delete

My other blogspace

Google Ad